Protect yourself from bouncing checks. If you need to (or accidentally) write a check for more than is in your account, funds will be transferred automatically. Overdraft protection is the perfect complement to your Schools FCU checking account. Apply now or call our member service department to apply.
Be covered! Opt-In for the added protection that Courtesy Pay can offer. The added protection may cover daily expenses for a qualified member in the event a checking account may have insufficient funds. You’ll have the peace of mind that transaction(s) made with your Visa Debit Card, ACH (pre-authorized withdrawals), checks, and automatic bill payments will be paid should your account run short! It’s easy to qualify:
- Primary member must be 18 years of age
- Checking Account must be open for at least 90 days
- Have direct deposit of at least $500 to the checking account within the past 25 days
- No negative balance history longer than 15 days
- No past due loans over 15 days
Avoid unnecessary fees that some merchants may charge for returned checks. Not to mention the embarrassment when a check is returned unpaid. We have you covered!
Please note, transactions will be honored based on our (Credit Union) discretion. The Courtesy Pay program, including limits, may change with or without notice. We do not guarantee that your transaction will always be paid for. Every transaction honored against insufficient funds will be subject to an Insufficient Funds Fee of $30.
The fastest way to opt-in is by logging on to your account online and select: Member Service > and select Courtesy Pay; or you may download the Courtesy Pay application and return:
- Fax to (310) 878-8210
- Mail to PO Box 7003, Compton, CA 90220
- E-mail a scanned copy to email@example.com
- Visit any of our branches
If you decide to NOT Opt-In to Courtesy Pay, we may still pay for checks or other transactions made using your Schools FCU checking account. An Insufficient Funds Fee will still be assessed whether an item is paid or returned. We will not honor transactions made at the ATM machine or debit card transactions.
Use other SFCU deposit accounts as a source for overdraft.
- Upon approval, the assigned credit limit will be available to cover checking overdrafts
- Available limits from $500 – $5,000
- Interest will be accrued from the date an advance is made
Your available credit becomes your source for overdraft.