We believe that it’s never too early to start teaching your children the value of savings. Whether if they’re just learning how to crawl/walk, in grade school, middle school, or high school, we have options to help them value the importance of savings. It’s very important to have “the money talk” as early as possible.
Teach them how to be good savers and how to read their monthly statement with a customized tip on how to increase their savings.
- No monthly service charge regardless of balance
- No monthly printed statement fee
- Quickly transfer money between SFCU accounts
- Competitive Interest Rates
EARN $50 by starting your FREE Lifetime Membership of Savings!*
You’re turning into an adult (some-what)! A checking account with a cool nifty debit card is one of the first steps to adulthood. Responsible teens with proper money management can go a long way to financial success in the future. We’re partnering up with your parent (or other responsible family member) to show you the way on how to manage a bank account.
- Must be at least 15 years of age to be eligible for a checking account
- Must have a qualified joint owner (adult, such as a parent) who is also a member at the credit union
- No minimum balance
- Access to mobile and online banking
- Visa® debit card (maximum purchase/withdrawal limit of $300 per day)
The great thing about this account is that it’s absolutely FREE!
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No printed statement fee
- No debit card fee
- No overdrawn or overdraft fee
To get started, you can apply online or visit a branch. You’ll need your personal information and provide supporting documents issued by the State (birth certificate, social security card, passport…) along with your School Identification Card. Remember, a qualified joint owner (trusted adult) has to be on the account.
FOR PARENTS (or the trusted joint owner)
- Teach your teen how to use the checking account, such as logging in to eBanking to monitor their balance and spending.
- Make sure you teach them to be CAUTIOUS at all times! They should never share important account information with anyone.
- Encourage them to set-aside money on a regular basis to their savings account. It’s also a good time for you to open a Coverdell Savings account.
- You have the ability to adjust their daily allowable limit on their debit card, with a maximum limit of $300. You can adjust the limit by simply calling us
Our College Account is an excellent foundation for your post-college life as well, as you establish your financial identity and build your own credit record.
To qualify, you must be enrolled in college at least part time and have a valid student Identification Card.
This package includes:
- FREE Primary and Additional Savings Accounts
- FREE Checking Account
- Free eBanking
- Free Bill Pay
- Free eStatements
- Free Cashier’s Checks*
- Free mobile banking
- Free debit card
- Free access to +30,000 ATMs Nationwide
- Discounted Loan Options
- Computer Loan
- Book Loan
- Tuition Assistance Loan
- Visa® Credit Card
- First Time Auto Buyer
*$50 deposited to account six months after opening. Account must be active with at least five
transactions per month.